We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to the web site.
Respecting information privacy
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information we collect that is capable of identifying an individual ("personal information").
There may be circumstances in which we need to transfer personal information outside Australia. If we do so, we strive to ensure that any organisation to which the information is transferred will be subject to binding privacy obligations.
Problems or Questions
Further Data Protection Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website.
What personal information do we collect and why?
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
· Information, such as your name, email and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, including registering or logging into our website via your social networking site (“SNS”) account and any information provided by that SNS to enable you to register or log into our website and use the requested service from time to time, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or applying for credit. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through the web site.
· Details of your visits to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
· If you are a real estate agent, your contact details and a profile picture.
If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide a better service to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries of selected estate agents.
· To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from us.
· To verify your identity when you register or log into our web site via your SNS account.
· We may (1) use personal information held about you to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you and (2) share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose information held about you to the following types of organisations:
· Estate agents and estate agencies.
· Third party suppliers who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can meet your request for those goods or services.
· Third party suppliers of goods and services so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in future.
· Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
o we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
o we believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
We also disclose real estate agent contact details (which may include a profile photo) in association with listings or advertisements on the web site.
Storage, Security and Processing
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Data (including personal data) submitted by INFOTECH’s customers and visitors to the web sites may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centres of INFOTECH’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. The purposes of transfer of data outside of Australia are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data. INFOTECH has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data intra-group, has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors and has implemented contractual arrangements intra-group and with its outsourced data processors in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 . You give consent to the transfer of personal data on these terms and for the purposes described above.
Correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Cookies are data that a web site transfers to an individual's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most web sites, including this web site, can facilitate a user's ongoing access to and use of a site. All pages on the web site are coded with measurement software which is transparent to the user. The software makes use of an invisible image at the bottom of the web page. This software stores a "cookie" in the browser, which contains a unique string. This information is collected and aggregated, and in no way does this unique identifier identify a user personally.
Cookies allow us to:
· count the number of unique browsers to the web site;
· customise the web site to your needs; and
· to serve targeted advertising.
We use an auditing system on our website in relation to internet usage measurement and/or analytics.
When you visit the jiajia.com.au network of Australian sites (including this website, mobile sites and other websites with the jiajia.com.au, header and/or footer), and the sites of our advertising partners (which may include third party websites), we may place one or more cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time you visit these sites and/or are displayed advertising. These cookies allow us to collect certain information about your web browsing behaviour in order to select what advertisements to display to you and to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements. We use the information collected from your web browsing behaviour to make assumptions about your characteristics and the things you are interested in, and then display targeted advertising that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, we may select the advertisements we display based on certain interest categories that we have inferred based on:
· your online activity across the jiajia.com.au network of Australian sites and our advertising partners’ websites, including pages you view and links you click;
· the search terms you enter using search engines and services, including on jiajia.com.au, realcommercial.com.au and realbusinesses.com.au; and
· demographic or interest data, for example information that you have provided when creating an online account with us or one of our advertising partner websites (e.g. age, post code, gender).
We also allow other ad serving networks to display advertisements the jiajia.com.au network of Australian sites. In these instances code in our web pages direct our ad serving platform to call the advertisement from one of our ad serving networks. The companies in this network may also participate in behavioural advertising.
We will not and do not marry any of this information that is collected via cookies with any of your personal information (i.e. information that could identify you, for example your name or email address).
Your personally identifiable information is stored separately from the information collected for the purposes of behavioural advertising and the cookies used by us for behavioural advertising have an expiry date of no more than 2 years.
If you do not want cookies to be used for behavioural advertising then you may control your advertising preferences via the opt out tool. Here you can opt out of behavioural advertising for jiajia.com.au and a number of other sites who are also signatories to the Australian Best Practice Guideline for Online Behavioural Advertising. When you opt out of behavioural advertising for jiajia.com.au you are opted out of this form of advertising across the jiajia.com.au network of Australian sites and advertising served by us on the sites of our advertising partners. If you opt out you can always opt in again at a later date.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to web sites outside of the web site, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the web site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.